Cre8ing with Station 8: 8 “Must Have” accessories for your home!
What woman doesn’t like to accessorize? All of us girls here at Station 8 love it! So this month I would like to share with all of you our top 8 accessories for your home. Whether your style is classic Montana rustic, Victorian, modern, or edgy and industrial, I feel all of these are versatile options for your home.
- Vintage cameras: These black beauties work nicely in any room. Displayed on a shelf below a collection of fabulous Montana scenes, in with a collection of black and white antique family photos, or used as book ends for your favorite reads.
- Fly fishing creels: Typically seen in very Montana-esque homes hung on the wall next to grandpa’s fly rod, these aren’t just for the fishaholics anymore! They bring a natural element into even the most modern of homes.
- Old ladders: We’ve seen them used as quilt racks, hanging pot racks, and in a bathroom as a towel rack. These versatile vintage finds are a must have for any home.
- Glass cloches: One of my favorite things to play with in the shop! They are a beautiful way to protect and highlight one special item in your home, use wire led lights to light them up for a more industrial look, or put a plant under it for a quick terrarium.
- Metal letters: Whether they are from an old neon sign, or shiny new and galvanized we can’t keep them in right now! Perfect for an addition to your family photo wall, a kid’s room, even on the outside of your house. Spell out a meaningful word, or just a great way to celebrate your name! They also make great wedding gifts for a happy new couple!
- Wood crates: I don’t have enough space to fully explain all the awesome ways to utilize a fabulous wood crate! Some of my favorites are…Hung on the wall to store books, pictures or other awesome finds. Of course they are wonderful storage for under your bed, in a kid’s room for toys, or in your living room to contain throw blankets, or magazines. We love stacking them in the shop for height in our displays.
- Leather books: Old books in general are an amazing look in any home, but there is just something about the rich caramel color of vintage leather books that bring warmth and comfort to any home. Displayed on a shelf, or used as risers to display any collection. In my opinion you can never have too many leather books!
- Something Salvaged: Corbels, pillars, reclaimed hardware, shutters, doors, and windows, to name a few. My mind is full of ways you can incorporate these into your home! Our favorite “go to” salvage pieces are vintage shutters. We love the versatility of them: hung and used as a message board; add legs and a glass on top for a fantastic coffee table; or hung as “quotation marks” for a group of prints on your wall.
So many wonderful accessories out there and so little time to list them all! I hope you have enjoyed reading about our favorites. How many of them do you have in your home? What’s your favorite? Share a picture of one of these, or one of your favorite accessories in your home on our Facebook page this month for a chance to win a gift certificate to purchase a new accessory!
Until next time!
On behalf of Team 8