8 Ways To Use A Vintage Suitcase
One of my very favorite things to buy for the shop is vintage suitcases! I love the versatility, look, and function of these pieces. So here are my top 8 ideas for how to use vintage suitcases!
2. A picnic basket: Fill it with a picnic blanket/table cloth, glasses, plates and cutlery and you’re ready for a picnic any time! Throw in a bottle of wine, and it makes a great wedding gift!
3. Under the bed storage: About a year ago I threw out all of my flat rubber maid tubs and replaced them with vintage suitcases. I love the way they look peeking out from under my bed. They can be used to store your out of season clothing, craft supplies, or your kid’s school projects you can’t part with.
4. Bed side/end table: Add legs to your favorite vintage suitcase, or stack two or three of them to make an inexpensive bed side or end table. Still great for storage, and just the right size for a lamp, a landing spot for the book you’re reading, or the t.v. remote.
5. Very in vogue shelf for your wall: One of the most creative things we have done at the shop with a suitcase is making a shelf out of it! Attach a set of brackets to your wall and then drill thru the bottom of the suitcase to attach securely to the brackets. I love this unique way to display your goodies!
6. Dress up case: What a fun way to store your little princesses dresses, or your little guys super hero costumes. Slides easily under their bed, and (my favorite) helps teach children about repurposing at a young age.
7. Pet bed: Just open it up and add a favorite pet blanket or cut a piece of foam to fit and you have the perfect, stylish spot for your pet to nap.
8. Traveling office: A smaller suitcase is the perfect size to carry your laptop and anything else you might need to take your office on the road. Looks good and adds a solid layer of protection for all of today’s technology must haves.
On behalf of Team 8
The Shops at Station 8